Friday, March 26, 2010

30 Day Drug Journey, Day 21: The Seroquel is here, The Seroquel is here

So, my package of Drugs arrived from AstraZeneca. I'm almost out of samples too, so this is great. I now have 90 tablets of the Seroquel. I am staring right now at the pills that have a retail value of $806, and I can't tell you how secure that makes me feel.

The meds were shipped directly to my doctor's office and I stopped at the store on the way home. I had my digital camera out and I decided to simply cover my digital camera in the car, but I carried the drugs into the store with me. Yes, I was far more worried about having my drugs stolen (very unlikely, right?) than my digital camera (more likely, but I did lock the doors).

I assume under the recently passed health care plan, these drugs will not be free from the manufacturer anymore, but the company will be getting some portion of the $800 retail cost, which is probably why the drug companies supported Obama's plan. I do care about the big picture, but right now, I'm just happy to have a 90 day supply of Seroquel.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are remmebering to lock your car doors these days. That is a plus I guess. It would be bad to have your car stolen or forget where you left it. Man you do need meds and more serious help.

Todd said...

Anonymous, I guess one difference between you and me is that I have chosen to tell my story publicly for I know when I do that I can help others. You just have chosen to make rude, personal attacks. If you wish to contact me direct, please email me at: tmbs2020+anon@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

"I was far more worried about having my drugs stolen (very unlikely, right?)"

My understanding is that Seroquel has a pretty high street value (don't know exact numbers) so it's not completely unlikely that someone would steal it. Now would someone know it's in your car and go specifically looking for it? Probably not. But, if they happened to find it, they'd probably be pretty damn happy!

Todd said...

The street value of the drugs is an interesting question. The ativan is a DEA controlled substance. In the past I've had trouble trying to get a script from Missouri filled in another state.

It would be very interesting to know what the street value of these drugs are. I just know that they are essential to successful recovery.