Sunday, October 05, 2008

Fallout Shelter

Over the past year, I've noticed the "Fallout Shelter" signs around more and more. This sign is located right across from the Truman House in Independence, Missouri.

The Fallout Shelters was from the last big "War on Terror"--The Cold War. And anyone that thinks that duck and cover or a brick building will save you from nuclear blast is just absurd.

Sometimes in our life, we need fallout shelters. And safe places to land. I'm glad I've found mine.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can it be your fall out shelter if you are in Evert?

Todd said...

Well, it is a metaphor. No, the Olive Branch Inn is not my fallout shelter.

Trust me, the metaphor works. ;-)

Thanks for responding and we Evart people get upset if people misspell Evart.