Saturday, March 06, 2010

Sample Drugs from the Doctor!

I should also say that my psychiatrist has been great about giving me samples. I left today with 40 tablets of the Stavzor, almost half of month. I guess the retail value of $159. He also gave me 8 tablets of the Seroquel (retail value: $100). The Seroquel is actually a little higher dose than I normally take, but it seems the doctor thinks that is fine. He is a private doctor and I paid $70 for the office call, pretty good for psychiatrists.

While the samples might help for a bit, obviously sustainability is of a key concern too. Seroquel has a good manufacturer's program (I'll write more about it later). Stavzor does not seem to and I need to do more research on this. This is a relatively new drug for me, so I'm still learning about it. One option might be that the most expensive meds have to be taken out of my "drug cocktail." Yet there is a lot that is working well for me right now in all of this.

Total Retail Price of Meds:
$780.89
Value of Discount Card
52.00
Sample Prescriptions
259.00
Still Needed for the Month:
469.89


So, we are coming close to the end of Day 1 of my quest and we still have a long way to go before this will work!

No comments: